Saturday, October 31, 2009

Life in 4th and 5th Grade

I've been hesitant to share too much about my role on the ship simply because it involves the children onboard. However, I feel like I never write about what I actually do here. I decided to ask the parents if they would mind if I shared some photos from class, and they graciously granted permission. Without further ado, I'd love to introduce you to my fourth and fifth grade class!

Sharing our "My Culture" projects... From left: Noah, Nate, Jan, Jana, Elliot, Josh, and Josie


Acting out our Bible memory verse...

Vocabulary Pictionary

Examining rocks and minerals with magnifying glasses...

Writing an essay...

Sharing our writing...


After all this hard work, sometimes we need to take a silly break!


Aren't they adorable? They definitely keep me on my toes!

I can't end this post without sharing a story that makes me smile every time I think about it. Birthdays are kind of a big deal in our class. Earlier this week, one of my fourth graders began his prayer with, "Dear Lord, I wanna thank you so much for birthdays. I thank you so much that Noah is turning 10--WOW, HALLELUJAH!--and thank you that he will be able to go through the line by himself in the dining hall..."

It's always the little things--WOW, HALLELUJAH! :)

1 comment:

  1. Please thank the class for sharing themselves with your family and friends. I especially loved the silly photo and wished their teacher had been included in the silly photo too.
    Love, Aunt Karen

    ReplyDelete