Wednesday, April 8, 2009

What about now now?

"He made from one, every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined their appointed times, and the boundaries of their habitation, that they should seek God, if perhaps they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us." Acts 17:26-27

When my small group went to South Africa last summer, we were perplexed by the children's repetition of the word "now." Instead of asking if something could be done "now," they asked if it could be done "now now." Eventually, we figured out that they used a single "now" to mean "soon" and "now now" to mean "immediately."

The Lord has convicted me lately that I have forsaken the "now now." In anticipation of my upcoming time serving with Mercy Ships (Lord willing), I have undoubtedly placed Africa on a pedestal. In Africa, God is going to change me in ways that I could never have imagined. In Africa, I will begin to know His heart. In Africa, I will learn to love like He loves. In Africa...in Africa...in Africa...

But what about now now? He has determined my appointed times and the boundaries of my habitation, and for today, I'm not in Africa. Am I seeking Him? Am I groping for Him? He is not far from me HERE. Pray for me, that I would not forsake Him now now.

No comments:

Post a Comment