Saturday, April 25, 2009

7 Weeks

That's how long I have left in Birmingham. Wow.

I received an email yesterday saying that there have been some slight changes to our training dates. Instead of flying out on July 31st, we'll leave on the 26th. We'll stay in Texas after Gateway training ends on the 18th and begin our teacher training from the 19th through 25th. This means I'll leave for Texas on June 15th and remain in Texas until the day we fly to Benin. I had thought that I'd come home on the 19th after training and have about two weeks to say goodbye to family and friends before I flew out on the 31st. Twelve days seems like such a small amount of time, but it's changed the idea of when I am actually leaving from three months to seven weeks from now.

Seven weeks. Seven weeks that I KNOW will fly by.

No comments:

Post a Comment