Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Just Kidding...I'm Going to Africa!!!

I am so excited to say that just four hours after posting that I was not going to be able to serve with Mercy Ships, I spoke for the first time with the lady who will be renting my condo for the next year! My bags are still packed, and my new flight leaves on Saturday night. I will arrive in Benin on Sunday night, just in time for the first day of school bright and early the next morning! I cannot wait to share the story of how God orchestrated all of the events to prove He was sovereign over my every step, even my decision to stay in Birmingham. I would love to share more now, but the past 24 hours have been such a whirlwind that I am exhausted. I certainly don’t want to write quickly and leave out something important! So, until I can share the whole story, just know that I’m going after all!!!

3 comments:

  1. My Precious granddaughter, My prayers are going with you & know each day that your Mema has you in her heart each & every minute. This last minute of everything falling into place just as needed has proven to ALL OF US that God is indeed in control over ALL THINGS & all we need to do is pray for Him to lead us. I love you so much, dear one !!!! Mema N.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is amazing!! How great is our God! You were ment to go... and you are. It's great to see how you were willing to let go and give control to Jesus. I am looking so forward to seeing you on the ship. Have fun with your class!

    Many blessings
    Maaike

    ReplyDelete